Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

Miniature Horses, Brotherly Love and Gaurdians of the Sunlight

Miniature Horses......

Final class

 While off on my raw food jaunt the other weekend, I happened to pass by a sign that was advertising a "Miniature Horse Show".  Intrigued, I figured I might as well take a look.  I used to show Arabian horses many moons ago and it had been ages since I had been up close and personal with horses, let alone MINI'S!!!! 

Posing for the Judges

Oh my word, they are sooooooo cute.  The high pitched whinney's, the clickety-clicking and and speedy trots were a serious dose of squee overload.  Then the driving teams came our for their class in the ring.  So much cuteness, what a treat! 


Driving Team


After hubby was so eager to welcome Moley into the ark, I *was* tempted to ask him what he thought about adding a mini to the mix, but he beat me to the punch - "DON'T EVEN ASK"  Sigh.  Can't blame a girl for trying!!!  ; )  


Brotherly Love......

Cutest thing ever.  Watching Orion climb into bed with Dexter and seeing Dexter grooming Orion like a mother would.  This is especially neat to see, as when Orion first came home Dexter wanted nothing to do with him.  However, Orion being the cantankerous little brat that he is, kept following Dexter around and cuddling up with him.  Dexter has now taken to bathing Orion and Orion likes it :)















Gaurdians of the sunlight....

Sunbeans.  Warm.  Tingly.  Soothing.  Coveted.  In our house sunbeams are a hot commodity.  Both the furred and naked, cat or dog will vie for the sunbeam, often to the sound snarls and smacking skin.  Rarely will two bodies occupy the sunbeam.....until now AND to top it off, it was Priscilla our surly Princess and Dex, our furred "King".  I am very surprised at this as Dex and Priscilla don't share spots.  Ever.  They don't seem to communicate with each other.  She keeps to herself and he keeps to himself.  They exchange the stink-eye with each other, but that is about it.  Her perception of him seems to be that he is a stinky, hairy, old pervert and his perception of her is that she is a bitch.  So imagine my surprise when I saw this....now if only they would lay with each other  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment