Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2011

What's One More?


Monty
First off everyone I apologize for the delay in this post, I have no excuse other than starting a new job which starts later in the day and just being busy with life in general; you know how it is.  Alas, here I am to update you on my visit to see my Monty-boy a few weekends ago.  He sure is growing up fast, he is 16 weeks old tomorrow which means he will be coming home very, very soon!!!  *squee* 

While I was there visiting with all the kits and enjoying my tea with Marilyn, it came to my "attention" (wink-wink, nudge-nudge) that one of the kits had not yet been adopted!!!! (gasp) AND it just so happens that "Moley" is my Monty's buddy.  We jokingly named this kitten Mo-ley when we first saw pictures of Monty and his littermates, as he has a mole on his face and if you've seen the Austin Powers movies, you will "get" the joke.  As you can imagine, my mind was racing.  Yes, yes my friends, the wheels began to turn in my head.  Do we have enough room?  Can we afford to feed another?  Can we afford the extra insurance costs?  More kitty litter?  Hmmmm, calculating these variables at a speed that would make any math teacher proud, the end result was, what's one more? 

Then the rationalizing began....It *would* be better for Monty to not only have another kitten when coming to his forever home, but one that is his brother AND his BFF!  Yes, yes, that's it, that's how I rationalized it, it will be better for Monty and Moley's mental health, their stress levels would be decreased by having each other, and that's good when transitioning to a new home, right, right?  And there was just no way that could I leave Monty's BFF behind?!  How sad would it be!  I just couldn't be a part of that. 

Hmmmm, so how many pets would we have?  Two dogs, one male furry cat, 3 naked males and one naked princess, which equals.....A PRIDE!!!!!  Yes, yes I would have a pride of cats blazing through the house with the two half-wit micro mutts trailing behind - my vision of happiness :)  Well, that was easy, right?  Not quite.  My husband often begrudgingly refers to our home as "Noel's Ark" because of all our pets, so I knew that this idea would not be recieved well.  Plus, there was one other minor little thing....when I asked to buy Priscilla, I *PROMISED* him that that was it.  No more pets unless there was a substancial lotto win (believe me, I have a "pet list" should we ever be blessed with such a thing, but that is a whole other story!). 

Back to my husband.  This was going to require some very, very careful planning on my part...hmmm, how to proceed with such a request.  Should I call him?  Hmmmm, it just might send him over the edge.  There would no doubt be yelling initially and then silence between us for days on end, a direct protest of my request.....most importantly, will that vein on my husband's forehead finally burst?  I think I'll just text him. 

The texting went like this:

Would you like to buy Moley?  He doesn't have a home  :(  No pressure, just asking.

Can we afford him?

What's one more?  lol.  We could, but I will leave the decision to you.

Ha ha ha, what's he like?

Cantankerous, like Orion.  lol.  And he will be BIG.  He is the biggest of the litter. 

Buy him.

Oh, ok.  lol.  That was fast.  (UTTER, TOTAL SHOCK!!!!!)

What's one more on the ark, right?

I LOVE THIS MAN!!!!!!  I love his last response, the same as my initial response to another nekkid - what's one more?  Like two peas in a pod, we are  :)  Best of all, the vein on his forehead didn't rupture!!!! 


Meet Moley everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment